More about our service
Whether it's a confined space, or open room... We've got all the professional gear to make things right!
What makes us thrive in the field of damage remediation?
Our hands-on training and highly involved experience helps us stand out from competition. We strive to give our customers the full experience of a truly professional service to see that any home damage is taken care of quickly and efficiently.
SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills is also open 24/7... So no matter what time or day your issue happens, we will be readily be there to assist you. From contacting us to responding to your call - you can have the highest amount of confidence that we will make your damage restoration experience seem "Like it never even happened"!
What threats does winter cause for your home?
Example of a falling tree causing significant damage due to a winter storm.
In Oregon, we're fortunate to not have extreme weather like some parts of the Northeastern part of the US. However, there's still always a posed risk of snow and ice.
Direct damage concerns may include trees falling on homes, roof collapse due to snow accumulation, wind damage during a blizzard, displacement due to a major power outage, and frozen or burst pipes. Always try to stay thoughtful of your home condition before winter conditions arrive. This includes ensuring the gutters are cleared, and the siding of the home doesn't contain any significant damage.
Also note that freezing temperatures may create an ice dam. An ice dam occurs when snow on the roof melts, runs to the edge and refreezes there, forcing water back up under the roof where it can cause leaks and shingles deterioration.
At the same time, high winds, hail and winter storms can tear off shingles or drive moisture beneath them, causing further damage.
In any case this season, give SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills a call for any damage restoration needs. We've got the trained professionals and trusted service to ensure your damages will be mitigated quickly!
What are the odds of facing home damage?
Example of some extreme water damage through a ceiling.
It's something every homeowner dreads... A leaking roof, frozen pipe, or even a broken washing machine hose. They are all procuring causes for water damage loss. So what's the odds of facing this?
According to the American Insurance Association, water damage has been one of the leading claims for rising issues that homeowners will face.
According to statistics:
- Almost 40 percent of all homeowners have said that they have experienced loss from water damage.
- About 93 percent of all water damage can be prevented.
- Water damage is the second most frequently filed insurance claim in the United States.
- 250 gallons of water is released a day due to a 1/8-inch crack in a pipe.
- About 20 percent of all insurance claims related to water damage of some kind.
- Billions of dollars in property losses are spent each year as a direct result of water damages.
These are things most people won't think about until it happens to them. We always encourage to work with your insurance company, and have some preparation in case you urgently need home restoration services.
At SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills, we will always have your back if this unfortunate occurrence happens. We understand the troubles that homeowners have to go through, and it's our #1 goal to ensure it seems "Like it never even happened"!
What makes SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills different?
One of our Production Technicians doing exceptional work!
We here at SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills like to be different then our competition. We do this by truly caring about our community, and utilize systems to create the most efficiency with technology. Give us a call, and have the highest amount of confidence that you're in good hands. Our motto is to make your emergency restoration needs seem "Like it never even happened."
Update for California Camp Fire
California Camp Fire
The deadliest and most destructive fire in California history has slowed down and has been predicted to be fully extinguished by Friday. The heavy rains recently have given abundant help, with crews now focusing on the hot spots and last edges of the 153,336 acre fire. The blaze has now destroyed over 13,000 homes and 5000 structures in the process.
The death toll has risen to 88 people, with people still missing. Our hearts go out to families who have been affected by this unfortunate blaze.
We here at SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills have worked with fire damage before, and recognize that it may have a devastating toll on the families whom are involved. If you have any questions about fire safety, or know anyone who may need help with fire damage restoration... Call us at (503) 619-6198.
Tips to prevent house fires during the holidays
Warm fires are common. But be safe and vigilant!
The odds of facing a house fire is roughly 1 in 3000. With the holidays right around the corner, there will be an abundant amount of cooking and open flames to keep the house warm and cozy. We at SERVPRO of Cedar Mill have some wise advice for keeping safe, and decreasing those odds with these extra precautions:
The leading cause for house fires is by cooking, or lack of attention while in session. It's easy to get distracted with kids and family while the pans are frying and oven is heating. Set timers and keep vigiliant about the location so you'll know when the food is ready. Always keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen and functioning smoke detector.
The incidence of candle fires is four times higher during December than during other months. According to the National Fire Protection Association, four of the five most dangerous days of the year for residential candle fires are Christmas/Christmas Eve and New Year’s/New Year’s Eve.
We highly recommend ensuring candles are blown out before leaving a residence, even if it's for a short period of time. It's the little sparks that can create a major blaze.
It takes 30 seconds for a dry tree to go up in flames. No matter how watered the tree is, it'll take about 4 weeks for it to become dry regardless. Be sure to place the tree away from any heating source, such as space heaters and baseboard heaters.
If you need any more advice or help with home restoration services, give us a call at (503) 619-6198!
Don't get scammed by "storm chasers"
One of our vehicles ready to deploy 24/7.
- Too-good-to-be-true prices. Often dubious restoration companies will offer low prices to grab your attention, but be wary of surprise costs that will hurt your wallet. Never let the price of the repairs be the sole criterion for choosing a restoration firm.
- Requesting upfront cash payments. While it can be a regular practice to deposit up to one-third of the estimated price on the day repairs begin, avoid paying in cash or more than the expected payment. Pay by check or credit card, and pay the final amount only after the work is finished and you are happy with the quality of the repairs.
- A lack of references. References are easy to check and can help you quickly identify if the company is legitimate and provides good service. Research the company online and check feedback on user-review sites such as Angie’s List or Yelp, or ask friends or business contacts if they have had any experience with the firm.
- High-pressure tactics. Often a “storm chaser” will arrive uninvited to your door peddling their services. If the contractor is using high-pressure sales tactics, it is best to turn them away politely and shut the door. Technicians should be courteous, thoroughly explain the scope of work and answer all questions. You should never feel pressure to accept their services.
- Lack of training. Professional cleaning and restoration firms require management and employees to engage in formal training in a variety of cleaning and restoration disciplines, and these educational efforts will be ongoing. Inquire about the formal training and certifications of technicians who will be working in your home or business. Look for organizations that require their technicians to hold certifications from organizations like the IICRC to ensure the work is done correctly.
- Inability to show credentials. Never hesitate to ask for proof. Ask to see the individual’s certification card, business license and insurance certificate. To verify a company, you can contact the IICRC which is a not-for-profit standards-setting and credentialing body for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industry. Call the IICRC at 1-844-464-4272 to confirm the certification of any company that has contacted you. You can also go to https://www.IICRC.org/IICRCFirmLocator to locate a qualified cleaning and restoration firm in your area. Immediately after a storm, a home or business owner should contact their insurance provider for a storm damage assessment by an adjuster.
You can go with SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills with the highest amount of confidence that we have our professional training and necessary certifications to get the job done. We always strive to make it "Like it never even happened."
5 Tips to pick the perfect water damage restoration company
Always ensure there's proper water damage restoration equipment!
Sometimes it can be tricky to find the best suitable service for your emergency water damage restoration. However, these quick tips may save you a hassle and bring complete satisfaction!
Tip #1: Make sure the company is licensed and insured with a valid certificate of insurance. If there's no credentials that seem valid, beware that the accident may fall on the homeowner.
Tip #2: Timely responses are crucial for mitigating issues. Unqualified services may hold to be a liability more than help. The lack of speedy service may warrant more damage - which may cost the homeowner more money.
Tip #3: Equipment is detrimental for ensuring the job is done right! Do they use proper Electronic Moisture Detectors and thermal imaging cameras to confirm the damaged areas? Be sure to pay attention to the equipment they use for the service.
Tip #4: Will they work with your insurance provider? They'll need to know how to work with an adjuster to breakdown the charges and assist with the claim.
Tip #5: Do they use proper drying equipment? They'll need to know how to monitor and place this equipment, as well as record the reduction of reduced relative humidity from your home.
Our experts at SERVPRO know how to do water dry outs, repair and restoration, and we focus on helping our clients quickly to remove the water before bigger issues arise. Don't ever hesitate to reach us at (503) 619-6198!
Thanksgiving with SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills
All the food and drinks are bound to make a mess!
This holiday season, we recognize that many people will be coming together to celebrate the wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving. With that in mind, there's going to be plenty of spills and messes to be made.
We at SERVPRO recognize that this may include carpet stains, or even fire hazards while working vigorously in the kitchen. We want everyone to recognize that we've got your back!
Our professionally trained technicians move swiftly to ensure your troubles are taken care of quickly. Our motto is "Like it never even happened"!
Spills. Fires. Flooding. Home restoration. We're ready for anything. Give us a call at (503) 619-6198!
Wildfire becomes deadliest in California history
Carr Fire Cleanup
We at SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills send our utmost condolences to those who have been affected by the California wildfire.
The inferno that rampaged the wooded town of Paradise in northern California became the deadliest wildfire in the state’s modern history on Monday when officials said they had discovered the remains of 13 more people, bringing the death toll to 42.
It has also been brought to attention that more than 7100 structures have been destroyed due to the blaze. We hope that families are able to recover quickly and the fire mitigates soon.
For local fire services; we take pride in helping families with fire damage restoration and making it seem "Like it never even happened". Our professional crew has been previously dispatched to help take part in fire damage due to the California Carr fire within recent times.