If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (503) 619-6198

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How dangerous is mold?

1/8/2019 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation How dangerous is mold? Stachybotrys Chartarum (black mold) is relatively rare, yet poses health risks to many.

Great question!

According to the CDC:

"Exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects, or none at all."

With that said, the most common indoor molds are cladosporium, penicillium, alternaria and aspergillus. Stachybotrys chartarum, often called toxic mold, is pretty rare to find. 

But regardless of the health hazards that mold may pose, it's also a danger for homes in general. This includes a posed risk of wood rot, to terrible odors and stains. It only takes 24-48 hours in the right conditions for mold to form! So we advise anyone in this situation to neverlet it stand for too long. 

If you need experts to assist in this case, we are available 24/7 to ensure the job is taken care of immediately! 

Other News

View Recent Posts