Fire Safety Tips
One of the most devastating things a family can face is the loss of a home due to fire. It's life changing, and potentially fatal if people aren't out in a timely manner. We at SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills can help you prepare the family for any future house fire emergency with these tips:
- Install the right number of smoke alarms: Check the batteries. Always do a smoke alarm test every month.
- Teach your children what smoke alarms sound like.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communication plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another.
- Practice escaping from your home twice a year. Yell "Fire" to alert everyone to escape to the safe meeting location.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1. Have your address written somewhere safe so children can help first responders in a timely manner.
- Teach family members to "stop, drop, and roll" in case their clothes should catch on fire.
These tips may help your family develop a safer setting in case of emergency. If this unfortunate event ever occurs to your home, you can have the confidence we'll be there 24/7 to help with your damage restoration needs.