How mold works
It's a nasty thing to have around your property, and ultimately it's a perfect recipe for more ongoing issues. Microbial growth. When people experience a water damage situation that doesn't get resolved immediately, every hour that goes by is just another step closer to having to deal with mold.
Other ways that microbial growth can enter a home is:
- Flooding from surface waters (i.e., overflowing rivers) or from severe storms;
- Roof leaks from damaged or missing roofing materials, ice dams or blocked gutters;
- Storm-driven rain through window frames, exterior walls or door assemblies;
- Leaking pipes, sewer back-ups or overflows;
- Damp basements or crawl spaces due to a high water table or poorly managed rainwater drainage; and
- Condensation on cold surfaces
Microbial growth is something that can't just get 'wiped away' or easily taken care of. If not treated properly, there's a substantial risk it'll appear soon again. That's why we highly encourage that any suspicion for mold should be addressed to SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills, because we offer free mold inspections and remediation services!