Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Don't get caught up in the stress
One of our technicians finishing up his day after a major water loss job. Our SERVPRO vans are easily distinguished by the bright green color!
Regardless of the time of year, it's critical to make sure your home/business are well suited for any kind of disaster that strikes. We know that a flood will not only overtake a home, but it'll create a flood of emotions as well.
When you live in the PNW area, it's an even greater risk at having to deal with mold or water damage. The heavy months of rainfall will usually test the integrity of someones house, and it's not uncommon to have a chain of events when disaster strikes. What we mean by this, is that if water damage goes left untreated - it could potentially create even further damage with microbial growth. There's always something to be cautious about when it comes to preparing your property for the worst. That's why we have trained technicians who are ready for any job that you come across!
Water damage? No problem.
Lately, an abundance of our emergency calls have circulated around water damage restoration issues. We've had production technician out on these calls with immediate response, and we've been doing our best to make every job seem "Like it never even happened".
We didn't receive too much snow, but the impact of high volumes of rainfall has caused many basements to get flooded. Alongside this, there's been problems with roofing. We are always available 24/7 if you notice something out of the ordinary. It's very important to note that if the water damage isn't resolved in a timely manner, then there's a substantially higher risk of microbial growth forming. Don't hesitate to get any water damage issue taken care of! We're here to fix it.
What makes SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills special? (Valentines Blog!)
What is it that makes SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills stand apart from other businesses?
We love our community.
So we strive to ensure that not only are we caring for the damage restoration side, but also the customers we have coming to us as well. We believe that doing good things is contagious. When the holidays arrive, we want to get involved with community events to see that everyone has an enjoyable time. When people go through struggles with anything from microbial growth issues, fire damage, to even carpet cleaning... We aim to keep our customers informed and well educated from start to finish.
Stressful times are temporary. But with SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills, our number one goal is to make things seem "Like it never even happened".
Horrific weather in the Pacific NW
Water damage can easily happen when you least expect it. Always keep a close eye on every corner of the house when there's high volumes of rainfall.
"When it rains, it pours" is what they say. For many in the Pacific Northwest, it's been record breaking conditions. Seattle received more snow than they've had in 70 consecutive years!
Meanwhile in many parts of Oregon, the snowfall has been treacherous. School closings, dangerous road conditions, and many emergencies for the SERVPRO team to handle!
In Cedar Mill, however, we've been getting non-stop rain that's causing flooding around the local area. This causes potential hazards to your home in a wide variety of ways. Basement flooding is prevalent, along with leaking roofs. At SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills, we take genuine care of our community. This also means giving the insights of weather to homeowners, and sharing advice on how to sustain the inclement weather.
So whether it's you, or someone you know that is dealing with an emergency water damage situation - You can have the highest confidence that we'll make it seem "Like it never even happened."
We've got the extensive knowledge and experience
Between our knowledge and handy equipment, we've got you covered on every aspect!
Did you know that mold can generally take only 24-48 hours to develop with optimal temperature and humidity?
Were you aware that a household leak can waste more than 10,000+ gallons of water per year?
We are experts in the home damage restoration business, and know some surprising facts that may help homeowners who are curious about most types of damage that people tend to face. We can go on about our certifications and extensive hands-on training... But the bottom line here is that our technicians are always happy to assist you with information that you might be wondering about. We specialize across the board with fire, water, mold, and many other services that most people will eventually need! Our goal is to make it seem "Like it never even happened."
How we handle water damage
We possess a variety of sizes when it comes to equipment. Whether it's a small crawl space, or open basement... We have the tools and experts needed!
SERVPRO utilizes air movers, dehumidifiers, portable heaters, and water extraction equipment of all shapes and sizes to work fast. We work to draw moisture from the surrounding environment and make every effort to prevent damages to finished products or expensive equipment, including the structure of your building itself. Our services make controlling corrosion, rot, and mold after a flood easier than ever before.
Whether you are dealing with water damage as the result of a fire or are recovering from a flood, our team is ready and willing to help. We have an entire team of trained professionals available to respond to your water extraction needs 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. No situation is too small or too large; we are trained to provide you with full-service solutions regardless of your circumstances.
Don't get scammed by "storm chasers"
One of our vehicles ready to deploy 24/7.
- Too-good-to-be-true prices. Often dubious restoration companies will offer low prices to grab your attention, but be wary of surprise costs that will hurt your wallet. Never let the price of the repairs be the sole criterion for choosing a restoration firm.
- Requesting upfront cash payments. While it can be a regular practice to deposit up to one-third of the estimated price on the day repairs begin, avoid paying in cash or more than the expected payment. Pay by check or credit card, and pay the final amount only after the work is finished and you are happy with the quality of the repairs.
- A lack of references. References are easy to check and can help you quickly identify if the company is legitimate and provides good service. Research the company online and check feedback on user-review sites such as Angie’s List or Yelp, or ask friends or business contacts if they have had any experience with the firm.
- High-pressure tactics. Often a “storm chaser” will arrive uninvited to your door peddling their services. If the contractor is using high-pressure sales tactics, it is best to turn them away politely and shut the door. Technicians should be courteous, thoroughly explain the scope of work and answer all questions. You should never feel pressure to accept their services.
- Lack of training. Professional cleaning and restoration firms require management and employees to engage in formal training in a variety of cleaning and restoration disciplines, and these educational efforts will be ongoing. Inquire about the formal training and certifications of technicians who will be working in your home or business. Look for organizations that require their technicians to hold certifications from organizations like the IICRC to ensure the work is done correctly.
- Inability to show credentials. Never hesitate to ask for proof. Ask to see the individual’s certification card, business license and insurance certificate. To verify a company, you can contact the IICRC which is a not-for-profit standards-setting and credentialing body for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industry. Call the IICRC at 1-844-464-4272 to confirm the certification of any company that has contacted you. You can also go to https://www.IICRC.org/IICRCFirmLocator to locate a qualified cleaning and restoration firm in your area. Immediately after a storm, a home or business owner should contact their insurance provider for a storm damage assessment by an adjuster.
You can go with SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills with the highest amount of confidence that we have our professional training and necessary certifications to get the job done. We always strive to make it "Like it never even happened."