Commercial Building Restoration in Cedar Hill
Commercial Restoration is our business!
Who would you call if your factory had a substantial fire or flood?
What would you do if there was a mold discovery in your office building?
SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills has been solving big problems for factories and large building businesses for a while now.
We have the manpower, technology, and insight to be able to turn your business back on its feet after a disaster and get your business being productive again as fast as possible.
Some companies say they can do it cheaper, but they do not have the same strict certifications and training processes that a technician from SERVPRO has. So sure they might be able to cut a few dollars off initially but in the long run you will be paying more and more if it is not fixed right the first time.
Why even risk it, call SERVPRO today (503) 619-6198.
Smoke Detectors Are So Important To Your Cedar Mill Home
Smoke Detectors Save Lives!
Fire safety tip:
Make sure your smoke alarms are working properly! Smoke detectors are so important to your Cedar Mill Home because they are often the first line of defense if a fire or heavy smoke is present.
The loud alarm generated by these life-saving machines can be heard throughout the house which signals to the people in every room that a potential emergency is present.
Please check your smoke detectors at least once per month to ensure they are working properly, this includes checking the batteries. They should also be changed out every 10 years to make sure the unit stays fresh and works to save your life when you need it the most.
If you have had a fire damage in your Cedar Mill home call SERVPRO today, (503) 619-6198!
Exposed Pipes Can Freeze
Harsh Conditions Can Exist In Portland
Interior Plumbing That Is Exposed Is A Risk!
Basement pipes that are exposed are not usually in danger of freezing because most basements are usually shielded from the elements. That being said there are still areas that have bad freezes in basements around the Portland area also plumbing pipes in areas, like an attic, crawl space, and garage, are often at risk of freezing.
In most cases, you can most likely get away with just using some foam insulating pipe covers but if you have had pipes break in the past due to freezing you might want to beef up your efforts. If you are really worried about it and want an extra bit of protection you can wrap your pipes in heat tape, which activates when temperatures drop.
If you do happen to have a pipe burst and cause water damage please give SERVPRO a call (503) 619-6198!
How To Prevent Frozen Pipes In Your Portland Area Home
Be Ready When The Freeze Happens!
Pipes Can Freeze Inside The Walls Of Your Portland Home If They Do Not Have Enough Insulation!
If there are signs of water damage, mold or even moisture buildup when you open a wall up that might be evidence of a pipe-freezing and bursting in the past. The culprit most likely is the former builder improperly installed the insulation and or did not use enough insulation. The best thing to do if you find evidence of a burst pipe from freezing is to add more insulation, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Most often than not this will be more than sufficient for keeping your pipes from bursting due to freezing in Portland, Oregon but if you live somewhere that gets much colder you might need to re-route the pipes so that they can hit the warmer air of the temperature controlled portion of your home or business.
If your pipes freeze in Portland call SERVPRO today (503) 619-6198.
Portland Fires and Floods Can Destroy Your Documents
We can help with Digitizing too!
Whenever there is a significant disaster to a home or building the last thing on your mind is all of your important documents!
Once the dust settles and the fire hoses stop spraying you are left with one heck of a mess. It is at this point that most people start to think about all those papers, files and important legal documents just completely ruined forever ... or are they?
SERVPRO has a state of the art Document Restoration Facility to bring your important papers back to life. In many water damage situations, like sewage or flood water, documents will be exposed to bacteria, viruses, pesticides, or other harmful chemicals. Our team uses a gamma irradiation process to safely and effectively sterilize your documents.
These are the types of documents SERVPRO can help you restore:
- paper documents
- books and magazines
- manuscripts and files
- photographs, films, negatives, and microfiche
- blueprints and maps
Call us today if you need document help because every second matters! (503) 619-6198
Thunderstorm Damage To My Oak Hills Home
When lightning strikes and thunder rolls SERVPRO is standing by.
We all know that strong winds and lightning during thunderstorms can actually cause major damage to your homes.
But who do you call when the clouds roll out?
SERVPRO has been fixing storm-damaged homes in the Grand Strand area for decades. Our highly trained technicians are qualified to handle almost anything wicked storms can throw at them.
They have the experience, training, and equipment to handle a small flood to massive thunderstorm damage resulting in holes in your roof from fallen trees or power poles, water damaged floors and even fire damage caused by lightning.
Why trust the process of putting your home and sometimes your family back together to any old person with a truck and a few tools. SERVPRO is licensed and insured to give you the ultimate peace of mind that you are in good hands.
Call us today (503) 619-6198!
Don't Mess With Mold In Cedar Mill
SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills removes mold the correct way.
Mold, in a home or business, can be damaging to both the structure of the building itself as well as the people who work or live in the building.
DO NOT take your time when dealing with the mold removal process in your Cedar Mill home or business.
Are there Health Concerns?
YES. Some molds can be harmful and toxic and need to be removed as quickly as possible. They can lead to an unpleasant living or working situation and ultimately can make some people or animals sick.
Sometimes you can get away with simply cleaning the surface of the structure to get rid of mold. Most times it is better safe than sorry so you should call in Mold Removal professionals like SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills who have the right tools and training to get the job done right the first time. We sanitize on a level that is not common with regular household products and DIY'ers.
If you are overwhelmed by mold in your home or office make sure you call SERVPRO as quickly as possible. (503) 619-6198
How Do I Get The Smoke Smell Out Of My Portland Home?
Smoke belongs by the campfire not in your home!
It happens to the best of us right. In the kitchen cooking your favorite dish, someone knocks on the door or the phone rings so you go answer it. You walk back in the room and your stove is on fire! Smoke rolls through the house, the alarm is blaring but luckily you're a quick thinker. You reach for the fire extinguisher and put it out before there is too much damage.
Even if there is not much fire damage in a situation like this many times you have to deal with the smoke smell that lingers long after in your house.
This week on our SERVPRO blog feed we are going to provide you with some quick tips on how to get the smell of smoke out of your house.
Things You'll Need
· Baking Soda
· Vinegar and Water Solution
· Heavy duty washing detergent
1. Throw open the windows and even a door or two as quickly as possible after the fire. The less time the smoke sits around the greater chance of getting rid of it quickly. Even if it is in the middle of winter, airing your house right away will disperse the smoke and prevent any more absorption. If the weather is nice, you might want to keep the windows open for a few days, at least during the daylight hours.
2. Launder your drapes and table linens as soon as possible; they will absorb the smoke odor rapidly. Wash them in the hottest water that the fabric can endure and heavy duty washing detergent. If the fabrics cannot be washed at home, take them to a dry cleaner, which will have solutions that will make the fabric smoke-free.
3. Clean your cabinets, walls, and floors with a one-part vinegar, one part warm water solution. Be sure to test this first but most surfaces are fine with this solution. Vinegar naturally absorbs odors so the smell of vinegar and smoke should go away in a few hours after using it.
4. Place bowls of baking soda around your kitchen, and even put a few inside the cabinets, pantry, and any other room that has an odor. This too will help to absorb the odor in a few days time. Sprinkle the rugs and carpeting with baking soda and vacuum. Sprinkle the baking soda again and this time let sit for a few days time before vacuuming.
If the house still smells of smoke or if you don’t want to do the work in the first place, just call us here at SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills and we’ll get it right out.
Who Do I Call For Water Damage Clean Up In Oak Hills?
Let the experts handle your Oak Hills water cleanup!
Who handles water damage cleanup in Oak Hills?
So many people try to get rid of a sizable water damage themselves to save money. It will end up costing you so much more in the long run.
Let us take a look at the process and what you will need to do to handle a water cleanup yourself:
- You have to remove all the excess water. You might be able to handle this one if you or a neighbor has a submersible pump. SERVPRO has professional grade extraction equipment.
- So that pump got you out of the jam, make sure it got ALL of the water cleaned up. So that means getting out your infrared camera. Oh, you don't have one laying around? SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills does.
- Now you have to dry the area that had all that water damage. SERVPRO has dehumidifiers, do you?
- Ok, you got it bone dry (took you long enough) but now mold is probably going to give you some problems. SERVPRO sanitizes when it cleans so you can feel comfortable the area is safe.
I think it is safe to say you should have just called SERVPRO from the start to come handle your water damage cleanup issues in Oak Hills. (503) 619-6198
Is Your Oak Hills Home Fire Proof?
Fire Proofing Your Oak Hills Home Is The Smart And Safe Thing To Do!
We called in the help of the pros at SERVPRO when dealing with fire safety and fire prevention in Oak Hills and here are just a few things you can do make sure you have the best odds of being fireproof in Oregon.
TIPS FOR FIRE-PROOFING YOUR HOME/YARD
- Create a fire safe zone around your home. Remove flammable vegetation and leaves at least 20’ from the house and at least 75’ if you live in a pine forest.
- Inspect your home and yard asking: What can catch fire or carry it to your home?
- Having nothing flammable within 10’ of the house. Occasional trees should be at least 10’ from the house
- Evergreens catch fire easily and burn quickly. Prune lower limbs, thin out the trees or remove them from the safety zone.
And as always if you have fire damage to your Oak Hills home call SERVPRO of Cedar Mill / Oak Hills at (503) 619-6198 today!